Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lately.



I haven't written in a MINUTE. My life has been crazy. I feel like reflecting this morning instead of writing about my embarrassing moments. I have been really into soaking up life lately. Living it up in my twenties. Experiencing a new city and the people in it. I have been reading blogs that I can relate to. The ones that are telling me it is okay to go nuts on the weekends and have those rookie mistakes and that it is okay not to have everything together because I am only 22. They have been making me feel a lot better. They make me feel great about making a decision and running with it. Everyone who is my age should be doing it. Here are some of my favorite excerpts:

"But your twenties aren’t exactly real life yet. Your employer finds it hilarious/expects you to be hungover most days. They always lament how they, “miss those days” of care free sex and rampant horrible behavior. If you have a job at all, people tell other people that, “Drew’s doing great.” You still wear halloween costumes with reckless abandon. You’re not quite ready to let go yet. And that’s the way it should be. Live out the glory days." -Rocket-Shoes


"Be really attractive. Your acne is gone, your face has matured without having wrinkles and everything on your body is lifted naturally. Eat bagels seven days a week, binge-drink and do drugs: you’ll still look like a babe. When you turn thirty, it’ll become a different story but that’s, like, not for a really long time."

"Move into an apartment on the corner of Overpriced and Dangerous. Sleep on a bare mattress with an Ikea comforter. Your mother talks to you about buying a top sheet and a duvet cover but feel like you’re not mature enough to own something called “duvet."-Ryan O'Connell of Thought Catalogue


Have a day of randomness. It always feels good. Not everything needs to be planned out. The days that are my favorite are the ones where I do not know what I will do, but whatever it is I know I am always having an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment