Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Code Red.

So I had just gotten out of class at good ol' RU. It just so happened to be one of the middle of the day classes so you would have to rush to the bus stop to try to squeeze onto a bus like a sardine. You also have to strategically place yourself on the sidewalk to try to be right in front of the door when it opened. It takes a few semesters, but by junior year....you are usually an expert at getting a spot on the bus. So there I was, standing, strategically placed on the sidewalk, talking on my cell phone to a friend. I saw my bus coming in the distance. I held my ground. No one was getting in front of me. I was so close to the edge of the sidewalk that if I had taken two steps forward I may have been run over mean girls style. The bus slowed right in front of me and I heard a loud POP. About a second later I felt all wet. It was a sunny day and there was no way I could have gotten so wet so fast. There were no hoses or sprinklers around. I looked down and I was covered in a red sticky substance. What the hell? It smelled really sweet. I looked down and saw a Mountain Dew Code Red bottle right under the tire of the bus. The bus had ran over a bottle of Code Red and it had exploded ALL OVER me.

The doors to the bus suddenly opened right in front of me, just as I had planned. Standing on the other side of the door was a close friend of mine staring at me and wondering why I was covered in red. I climbed the stairs of the bus and told him what had happened and I was laughed at the whole way back. I went through the rest of the day and my 3 classes smelling sweet and feeling sticky. It was the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment