Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Damn the static cling!

During a chilly Saturday in New Jersey, I was on a brisk walk to meet my old roommate. Her house was only about 3 blocks. I arrived at one of the bigger intersections in the city, a place where you could bump into anyone on campus. I saw a boy from a distance I had had a fling with a year back. I did not feel like seeing him or talking to him. I just wanted to avoid him. The coast was clear and I could jet across the street without having to say a word. I began to make my move and noticed something green by my shoe. I ignored it. I took a few more steps and I noticed it was getting bigger. I looked down and a green thong from my laundry had clung on the inside of my pants and was now coming out of my pant leg. I had to bend over in the middle of the street pick it up as smoothly as possible. Now I was holding a thong in the middle of the busy street! I threw it in my bag and did not look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment