Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Florida Livin'

So I haven't written in a MINUTE. Sorry. Craziness has happened in my life...luckily that allowed for more chances to embarrass myself.

This summer I am living in Jacksonville, FL where I have an internship in Orientation at Jacksonville University. Man was I excited to get out of the rain in Seattle. The one drawback to being in Florida this summer is the lack of a car. Myself and the other interns are literally stuck on campus because there is nothing worth walking to around JU. It is also a SKETCH area. But the campus is only a 20 minute drive to the beach so on the days we can find a ride there, I like living here.

On the first weekend in Jax, my roommates and I were desperately trying to go to the beach. We exhausted all of our personal resources and settled on the boat dock to catch some rays. We were there for about an hour until it became too hot to bear. I was on the phone talking to a friend when I hear a loud splash and my roomates screaming. One was yelling "Owww I hit my head!" I was scared she hit her head on the rock and got a concussion so I ran over and offered my hand to pull her out. She pulls my arm and then I too slip into the nasty river with my cell phone in hand. The rocks were so slippery we did not know how we were going to get out. I deciede to have one girl throw us flip flops so we could walk on the rocks and pull ourselves up onto the dock. The plan worked but we had to call the on-duty staff member to come bring us first aid because we had cut our feet open. He could not believe we had gone in the river.

I am now on my 5th week here and I have never gone back to that river. I also did not have a phone for my first week of overnight orientation. Typical me.

No comments:

Post a Comment